As a Backend Developer at Twubs, you will specialize in full stack development. You will be an integral part of a hard working, geographically distributed team. You are a flexible, responsive team player that thrives on aggressive progress and delivering on commitments.
Some of the things that excite you about the insane breadth and depth of social “data” are storing, dissecting, synthesizing, summarizing, processing, and manipulating it efficiently and effectively. Query optimization that results in statistically relevant reduction in processing speed or power makes you feel good about life.
Your excitement about cloud computing, high volume system scaling, and redundant / fail-over networks keeps you up at night (or sometimes finds you going to bed when most people are waking up). The potential of powerful APIs, SOAP, AJAX and the endless potential of AWS makes you giddy.
You meticulously document and optimize your code. You probably look down on people that do not use an adequate version control systems or documentation structures. Sometimes you probably get in arguments about platforms / technologies and either brag about how many or few lines of code it takes to accomplish a need.
You may get dogmatic at times, but you understand the ultimate goal is a team working hard toward a common goal and sometimes compromises are required to meet business needs and progress. You are an insatiable learner, constantly exploring and experimenting with new technologies, devices, frameworks, and platforms.
- 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Full stack developer focusing on server side development.
- Proficient in PHP and Node.js
- MySql and Redis
- Interfacing with APIs
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Working knowledge of version control systems (GitHub)
- Understanding of system concepts dealing with multiple forms of IO, high volume loads, redundant fail-over and real-time data.
- Strong commitment to developing high-quality, maintainable code to meet complex, changing requirements.
- Experience with high performance, high traffic web systems,
- Able to demonstrate a solid understanding of your toolset and web development concepts (e.g. MVC)
- Mobile web development and responsive web design implementation experience a plus.
- Mobile application development experience a plus.
- Strong English skills REQUIRED.
- Care about quality code and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Extremely responsive via all communication channels.
- Ability to attend regular web-based meetings using Skype, Gotomeeting, etc.
- Commitment to quality and productivity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Love challenges and to learn new technologies.
- Passionate about work, creative solutions, and building awesome innovative products.
- Incredibly independent and disciplined with high personal ownership for successful remote work lifestyle, with minimal supervision.
- Strong collaboration and accountability as part of a remote, multidisciplinary team that includes developers, designers, business analysts, etc.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly.
When submitting your resume and portfolio, please provide compensation requirements.