Front End Developer
As a Front End Developer at Twubs, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web UIs with AJAX and similar exciting technologies. You will be an integral part of a hard working, geographically distributed team. You are a responsive person that thrives on aggressively delivering on commitments. You are a flexible, team player that thrives on progress.
You enjoy working alongside other developers, product owners, other designers and others to craft engaging, addictive, and beautiful web and mobile experiences. The challenge of dissecting and presenting the fast-moving social fire-hose piques your interest. Elegant visual simplicity of big data, discussions about the DOM, powerful APIs, and new JS frameworks makes your heart beat a little faster and keeps you up at night. You may occasionally get in arguments about mobile site vs. native app, but ultimately, you do not care because you want them to all be seamless and amazing.
You are an insatiable learning, constantly exploring and experimenting with new technologies, devices, frameworks, platforms, and techniques for engaging users. You care about code documentation and optimization. Cross-platform compatibility and testing drives you a little crazy, but you understand the importance of a delivering consistent cross-device experience.
- 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Design and refine high fidelity HTML prototypes working with the UX designers and other stakeholders.
- Experienced traversing and manipulating the DOM using jQuery.
- Some experience with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Working knowledge of version control systems (GitHub).
- Familiarity with Bootstrap, AngularJS a plus.
- Experience with responsive design implementation.
- Experience with script and page load time optimization.
- Strong English skills REQUIRED.
- Care about quality code and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Extremely responsive via all communication channels.
- Ability to attend regular web-based meetings using Skype, Gotomeeting, etc.
- Commitment to quality and productivity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Love challenges and to learn new technologies.
- Passionate about work, creative solutions, and building awesome innovative products.
- Incredibly independent and disciplined with high personal ownership for successful remote work lifestyle, with minimal supervision.
- Strong collaboration and accountability as part of a remote, multidisciplinary team that includes developers, designers, business analysts, etc.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly.
When submitting your resume and portfolio, please provide compensation requirements.