Mobile Application Developer
As a Mobile Developer at Twubs, you will specialize in mobile app development! You will be an integral part of a hard working, geographically distributed team. You are a flexible, responsive team player that thrives on aggressive progress and delivering on commitments.The reality and potential of powerful, interactive, sensor-packed computing devices in the pockets and faces of HUNDREDS of millions of people both blows your mind and gives you endless ideas.
You will work alongside excited product owners, UI / UX designers to craft and deploy beautiful apps for Android, iOS, and
Blackberry (just kidding!). You have personally or with a group of colleagues successfully deployed apps to the Apple and Google ecosystems. When your apps are published, you can’t help but tell your friends and family. User testing and tracking to iteratively improve adoption / engagement and the thought of millions of people spending HOURS using your apps makes feel like an invincible superhero.
In life, you probably find yourself downloading new apps very frequently and following “what’s new” blogs for more exposure to new apps. Elegant, fast, responsive, creative, consistent, slick cross-platform experience, new / efficient technologies, the comprehensiveness of Material Design, and synthesizing big data / refactoring functionality for small screens give you warm fuzzies.
You may get dogmatic about platforms or countless other topics at times, but you understand the ultimate goal is a team working hard toward a common goal and sometimes compromises are required to meet business needs and progress. You are an insatiable learner, constantly exploring and experimenting with new technologies, devices, frameworks, and platforms.
- 5+ years experience in relevant technology.
- Proven track record successfully developing and deploying scalable, secure, efficient, and rich native mobile applications on Android, iOS, and web platforms.
- Troubleshoot/debug and fix bugs and performance issues.
- Develop mobile prototypes for collaborative feedback.
- Knowledge of Android / Java, iOS / Objective C and other mobile libraries/SDKs.
- Mobile application testing.
- Strong attention to detail for releasing polished User Interfcaes.
- Experience with web service architecture, protocols, security and data formats (Ex. REST, OAuth, JSON, etc.)
- Experience with NFC a plus.
- Experience launching an Android app using Material Design guidelines a plus.
- Strong English skills REQUIRED.
- Care about quality code and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Extremely responsive via all communication channels.
- Ability to attend regular web-based meetings using Skype, Gotomeeting, etc.
- Commitment to quality and productivity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Love challenges and to learn new technologies.
- Passionate about work, creative solutions, and building awesome innovative products.
- Incredibly independent and disciplined with high personal ownership for successful remote work lifestyle, with minimal supervision.
- Strong collaboration and accountability as part of a remote, multidisciplinary team that includes developers, designers, business analysts, etc.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly.
When submitting your resume and portfolio, please provide compensation requirements.